It has been quite a while since I've blogged. The past week or so has just whizzed past like Batman in his turbo-charged Bat-Mobile, leaving newspapers flying, hats blown away and skirts uplifted in it's wake. I am still trying to catch my breath and make sense of what has happened in the past 10 days or so.
Bad Nights
Just can't fucking sleep well at night these days. I'll either wake up in the middle of the night with cold sweat running down my back, get haunted by nightmares or just being food for the lovely mosquitoes in my room. When can I get a good night of sleep?
Weird dreams, I repeat, Weird dreams, not Wet dreams keep plaguing me in my sleep. I keep seeing myself in my dreams coming in contact with my own skeleton and detaching my lower jaw from the mouth and playing with the teeth. And in another weird dream, I find myself chewing food when suddenly, I taste blood in my mouth and find out that my right molar has been chipped into half and blood is flowing profusely from that gaping wound. Freaky. I hope that'll never happen in real life.
As for those bloody mosquitoes, I'll fucking kill them all one day, I swear. Die!!!
Lindy Hopping
Lindy Hop has become a very addictive pasting for me these days. Every week, there is only 1 day I'll look forward to. And that day is not Friday, Saturday or Sunday! That day is THURSDAY!!! LINDY DAY! The entire week from friday to wednesday can be as fucked up as it can be, but when it comes to THURSDAY, LINDY DAY, all my worries will be put aside for at least 3 hours as I let myself be overwhelmed by the lively music and LINDY MOVES and be free of the mundane problems in life.
These 8 weeks have passed by in a flash... It doesn't even feel like 8 weeks at all! Maybe 6 at most! But I'm glad that I've met some pretty wonderful new friends in my dance class. Besides from the boys from my office, I've met 3 pretty funky young lasses in the form of Grace, Shireen and Shirlene. They're all 19 this year and are all going to UNI! How exciting! I bet school life is really FUN, and I'm really to be glad to be in some form of education programme now.... The dance programme! Hahah... Anyways, the girls are loads of fun, and I'm glad to have met such a young bunch of interesting young ladies.
Gracie's the one what I bicker the most with. Seems like we can't have enough of bickering. Just have to bicker whenever we meet, but of course it's all done in good spirit. Knowing me, I'm always so full of shit, so I can't blame anyone if they think my crazy antics are OTT. Shireen's the very quiet one who gets her adrenaline high whenever she hits the dancefloor. Once the music stops, she's back to her quiet self again. Hahaha... And as for Shirlene, she's always bickering with Shouyi. She's the smart one, I say. One moment she's going to Cornell, the next, she's heading for Brown. I wonder where she'll end up eventually. But nevertheless, she'll be doing well wherever she chooses to go to. A nice lass with the brains to go with... I wish I had that kinda brains too.
And there's Jocelyn and Jeaninne from Lindy Two. Jocelyn is Grace's sister. And Jeaninne is Jocelyn's friend. See it's the Friendster's Effect! Anyway, Jocelyn's the sorta girl that you don't expect to be playing along to the silly antics that you do. But I was wrong! She's game for almost anything! I can even gang up with her to tease her litter sister!!! This double sister act are one of the many reasons why Lindy Hopping is soooooo fun! =) And Jeaninne's the soft spoken one, with a great sense of fashion. She looks great in everything she wears every week and she's soooo patient when I first started Lindy. Guess I'm lucky that she's able to put up with my crappy dance when I keep getting the basics wrong. Hehe~
Sigh... I Love Lindy!
What would life be if I didn't have Lindy?
Deadlines and Politics
I've got 2 upcoming deadlines that are linked to each other. If I don't meet the first one, I think I'll be unable to meet the second one already. I've done my part. But it seems that some people ain't really keeping up. Then again, inevitable mishaps happen at work all the time. I'm not surprised if I'll have to end up working on my birthday. *Sigh* I'll just do my part and hope for the best. But I'm a pessimist who's usually right at predicting mishaps. Dang!
"Surrounded by a pack of cheeky and salivalating Hyenas, the wounded Wildebeest collaspes and hits the hard sand of the barren lands. The time has come for him to be relieved from the pain and suffering of life. Sensing that death is forthcoming, the skies suddenly darkens into a spiraling black cloud formed by a massive flock of African Vultures nestling on the cliffs of the nearby mountains. In his last desperate act, the Wildebeest wails with it's final breath the inevitable beckons... Hmmmmmm Horrrrr, Horrrr Hmmmm...Ooorhh Hmmm Hooorhhhh...."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home