The monotony of each passing day seems to ironically bring different surprises. You're either going to be greeted by pleasant surprises or rude shocks. No matter what, we've got to take it in our stride and either accept the blessings with open arms and ride out the crisis like a surfer dude would. Life is only as bad as you determine it to be. Make the best out of it while you still have the power to do so.

Sunday, April 04, 2004

I just got home after being 24hours away from home. And strangely... I'm not very tired. In fact, I'm going out for a movie later! Going to catch the movie, "My Girl" later. Anyway... It's been a rather strange past 24 hours.

In the morning... I was supposed to meet Shouyi at 910am at Simei MRT station to go down to Tanjong Pagar to eat some dumb Indonesian buffet that the officers are treating us to! The food was very bad. QUite bad standard actually... everything was fish! Just FISH! Gross sia! Anyway... I was so freaking late that I had to take a cab and spend $14 just to get there to eat! SUPER BO HUA SIA!!! Anyway I didn't eat much so I guess that the cab fare wasn't money well spent... Oh well, guess its just one of those days again.

Anyway... I went to meet Steph and Edwin again. This time, we hung out at the Esplanade. Guess we really needed a serious change of enviroment! Can't take it anymore hanging out in Orchard anymore! Think the gang and I will seriously go insane if we hang out at Orchard anymore! But it seems that even we have a change of enviroment, we will still inevitably end up at the same fast food joint to have lunch! BURGER KING!!!! BLEACH!!!!! DAmned sick of BK already. :S Anyway, Gail, Mike and Gen were supposed to come and meet us to chill. But as usual, Gail and Mike were late. Haha... wonder what caused the delay this time. Turned out that Mikey's CD burner burns Cds really slow... SO INSTEAD of meeting em at around 2pm... they arrived at 5odd pm instead... We almost killed ourselves waiting for the Holy Couple to arrive... Hahha~ But when they did... all hell kinda broke loose. We went around shooting even more retarded things and even showed some skin in public!!! Senseless, wild fun is still the best... Anyways...we ate at BURGER KING FOR DINNER AGAIN!!! WAHLIAO... cannot take it anymore ah!!!

Anyway Gen couldn't make it because she has some urgent matters to attend to. Hope things are well for her.

After dinner with the rest of the gang... I waited for Iggy to come down to meet up and bum for the rest of the night. When he arrived... we made our way to the Esplanade to find a good place to chill. We ended up watching a live performance by this Indian trio called SYAMA. They play the veena - an Indian lute, cello and drums. At first it sounded okay... but then things started getting kinda weird... like...the sound system starting to sound groggy and weird while the lights started flashing around like it was controlled by a insane lighting dude... and worst of all... the music that the Indian dudes were playing started to get on our nerves. They had no stage presence at all sia! They could play for sure... but they cant perform for peanuts. No chemistry with the crowd... they don't smile... they sulk. It was quite bad... I wondered how Iggy and I managed to stay through the entire performance. Dun know how but stay we did. But I doubt we'll ever wanna hear that performance again.

After that headache inducing headache, we decided to go to One Fullerton to bum about and drink tea. Guess what? We ended up seeing Zhao Yi for the second week running. Why is he stalking us when he's with his girlfriend all the time?! Haaha~ It's strange... and I think I'll freak out if I see him again next week! After tea, we went to sit by the steps of the Puking Merlion foundtain and watch it puke into the sea.

Then, Erica called... and I'm glad to hear her voice. I have to admit. I still miss her. Although I'm already quite exasperated by the fact that we're always unable to meet each other due to various unfortunate incidents. Hope I get to see her soon... ;)

Anyways as I was talking to Erica, Iggy and I missed our respective last trains. And its all my fault... Sigh. So Iggy and I decided to walk towards Lau Pat Sat to grab a bite. As we were walking halfway... Iggy suddenly asked me if I wanted to learn how to do ariels. ANd he offered to teach me the easiest of them all... the "around the bar" So after a while of explaining the crux of mastering the move, we tried it out. The first try ended up with me almost sprawled on the ground. It aint easy. One moment I'm in mid-air, the next I'm on the ground. After many, many attempts... I kinda got the right technique to lift myself off the ground. But it just seems that I'm unable to give myself a nice landing. Dun know why leh... Must be i'm retarded or something. But one day... I'll get it right. I will... Grr... anyway many thanks to Iggy to teaching me something so unique!

By the time we got to Lau Pat Sat... we got completely turned off by the food there and the fact that there was a serious lack of aircon there! So... we made an insane decision to walk all the way to Kopitiam at City Hall! It too a full 20mins at least before we finally made our way there. On the way there, there were lotsa pubs open with weird themes going on. Like some nurse thingy... and lotsa scantily dressed women. Haha...

Anyway... by the time we made it to Kopitiam, we were kinda tired and groggy already. There's one weird thing about that Kopitiam though. It seems to be a haven for weird Thai Transvesittes! And while I went to the toilet to relieve myself... I overhead 2 boys discussing their various sexual enounters with the transversittes that I saw them with just 30minutes ago!!! It's totally sick! :S

Anyways after lotsa stoning... it was almost 4am when Iggy decided to take me on a walk to explore the area. Seems that he knows the area very well and we spent a lot of time chilling at a very cool playground talking about religion and lotsa other things!

And guess what... we ended up bumming around the Bugis-Lavendar area till 730 when we decided to go to MacDonalds to have breakfast... and from there we stoned like zombies and started lagging in our conversations. Guess that's the price to pay for staying up the entire night! Haha... Guess we're nuts. We've got the pictures to show how stoned and retarded we are!

After breakfast, Iggy made his way to his uncle's place to shower b4 going for Mass while I sauntered my way to the train station to make my way home to have a good shower and turn on the PC to finish this blog before I forget all the details of a crazy 24 hours! And I'm not gonna sleep yet ya know... I'm going to catch a movie still in 3 hours time!

Haha..... hope I dun die yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home