Parenting
How do parents bring a child up? Should parents scream and hit their children if those little angels have done wrong? Can scoldings and beatings be avoided? These are some questions that surface when I hear my mom scream so loud at my sister that the dead could be awaken when she's done something wrong again. It irritates me so much that I just wanna shut everyone up. It fustrates me to be living in such an enviroment where a home is not like one. A home where peace and quiet are rare commodities.
Back to the point, I believe that violence should not be used on children who disobey their parents. They are afterall still young human beings who have everything to learn in their coming years.
Children should be given the time that they deserve to learn and experiment the little things in life and be given the allowance for them to commit error so that they can learn from it and not be stifled by what their parents decide is good or bad for them.
Why hit children? Why scream at them when they themselves have no idea what they have done wrong? Instead, parents should sit their kid down and explain to them what has happened and let them know what they have done is wrong and tell them not to repeat similar mistakes again. I believe that way, children be able to have a happier childhood and grow up to be a better person.
I am a scarred child. I hate to see other kids being scolded or beaten by their parents. I feel disgusted when I see such things happening. This is old school parenting from the Sixties and the Sixties are not in anymore. Sadly I have a very bad feeling that the old school "teachings" that I've "accquired" from my folks have been eternally embedded in vast walls of my memories and I'm afraid I'll inevitably commit the same mistakes that my folks have made in the future. I hope that day will never come when I have to use the cane on my child if I were to have one.
Spare the children... If you love your children, don't hurt them with hurtful words and scars.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home