The monotony of each passing day seems to ironically bring different surprises. You're either going to be greeted by pleasant surprises or rude shocks. No matter what, we've got to take it in our stride and either accept the blessings with open arms and ride out the crisis like a surfer dude would. Life is only as bad as you determine it to be. Make the best out of it while you still have the power to do so.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Too Caught Up
Well, it's close to a week since I've updated my blog here. The past week or so has kinda swept by like a whirlwind. Have not been getting the kind of sleep that I wished for. So it's kinda been like I'm having 4-5 hours of rest every night before picking myself up to start the new day again...

Quite a bit has happened over the past week. I've started work at DSTA as a contract based layout artist/ visualiser. Officially. Actually I started work immediately after SEA Jam! What madness you say... And so, I went to work on Monday and just like everyone else who went to SEA Jam, I was a mobile carrier of the SEA Jam flu. What a way to start my first day of work right? SICK... UNDER-RESTED... MOODY. Urgh!!! Oh btw, the flu has almost cleared up thanks to a strict regime of drinking LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER EVERYDAY!!! Hehe... But I got a mini pimple outbreak now... so... DRINK MORE WATER!!!

Oh well... that aside, I guess I'm lucky that my colleagues at the office are pretty nice. Well everyone is nice... all but the one common enemy. I've not got much to say about this person yet, but it seems that everyone does not like her. She's probably a big pain in the ass I guess. Thank goodness my direct boss is such a nice lady. She's probably the nicest boss so far. Many, many thanks to Gabriel for recommending the job once more! :)

Anyway... I work at Science Park 1... Right opposite Reuters where Nicky happens to be working. No time to catch up yet. Probably will meet him over lunch or something when we're more settled.

Talking about lunch... I've been having a very large appetitte nowadays. I wonder if it is the coldness of the office that is causing me to have such severe hunger pangs so frequently. And the worst thing is that the ENTIRE SCIENCE PARK has got nothing really decent to snack on! Well cept for the really nice SUBWAY outlet there... There's nothing really yummy there to munch on already. Thank goodness for the shuttle service that brings us to the NUS campus, Ghim Moh Central and HOLLAND VILLAGE during lunchtime man! Otherwise, I'll seriously die from eating the horrendous food in the Science Park man! Talking bout food makes me hungry... and I just finished dinner!!! This is serious... oh well. Shall eat again later.

Work has been pretty kind to me. Nothing too mind boggling. All pretty mundane stuff. Actually too mundane for my liking. I know I will not stay long... Am already itching for a real creative job where I'll get to design something that I'll take more pride in. Not that I'm not taking pride in what I do... But I want to be doing something that gives me more job satisfaction. Something more than just laying things out all the time. After 2 years plus of publications, I really want to be doing something else.

WORK aside... It's been a crazy week for dance too. Went to Frankie's talk last Mon. Lessons with Mattias on Wednesday @ NTU. Lessons with Mattias on Thusday @ Jitterbugs... AGAIN. Dancing at Marine Cove on Saturday. Free Dance Class on Sunday. Way too much dancing. Especially when I was still under the weather. Gonna make sure I get enuff rest b4 I do anymore dancing next time.

Guess I'm done with this status update now. Gonna stone for a while now b4 I head out for supper with the boys in a while...

Hasta Luego!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home