Trying To Be A Good Son
Didn't sleep last night. Was watching my crappo ol Liverpool throw away another game in the FA Cup to Burnley. In the end... I ended up not feeling like I needed to sleep. (The match kinda ended at 6am...)
So being the good son wannabe, I offered to send my sis to school and go grocery shoppin with Mom. It's nice for a change to be up that early and doing something meaningful instead of just draggin my feet to the office. It's been quite a while since I've accompanied Mom to the market to get groceries and stuff. It's a different feeling altogether! You can actually feel the good vibes in the early morning bustle while shuffling through the crowd full of aunties.
I've got quite a few stares from some aunties. Heh, they must be wondering where the hell did I come from... and what the heck was I doing joining them in the early morning routine of bringing kids to school, buying groceries and going for that nice cuppa kopi-o while chatting with their khakis before heading back home. One of my Mom's friends even said that I looked quite good looking!
Truly amusing stuff. Feel good comments aside, it's truly nice to be up early and hanging out with Mom again after such a long haitus. It's really been a while since I've spent quality time with her. The last time I did that, she was still in her late 30s or early 40s... She's hit 50 already... going on 51 this year. Better spend more quality time with her. Will try to wake up early at least twice a week to bum with Mom in the morning! :)
Didn't sleep last night. Was watching my crappo ol Liverpool throw away another game in the FA Cup to Burnley. In the end... I ended up not feeling like I needed to sleep. (The match kinda ended at 6am...)
So being the good son wannabe, I offered to send my sis to school and go grocery shoppin with Mom. It's nice for a change to be up that early and doing something meaningful instead of just draggin my feet to the office. It's been quite a while since I've accompanied Mom to the market to get groceries and stuff. It's a different feeling altogether! You can actually feel the good vibes in the early morning bustle while shuffling through the crowd full of aunties.
I've got quite a few stares from some aunties. Heh, they must be wondering where the hell did I come from... and what the heck was I doing joining them in the early morning routine of bringing kids to school, buying groceries and going for that nice cuppa kopi-o while chatting with their khakis before heading back home. One of my Mom's friends even said that I looked quite good looking!
Truly amusing stuff. Feel good comments aside, it's truly nice to be up early and hanging out with Mom again after such a long haitus. It's really been a while since I've spent quality time with her. The last time I did that, she was still in her late 30s or early 40s... She's hit 50 already... going on 51 this year. Better spend more quality time with her. Will try to wake up early at least twice a week to bum with Mom in the morning! :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home