The monotony of each passing day seems to ironically bring different surprises. You're either going to be greeted by pleasant surprises or rude shocks. No matter what, we've got to take it in our stride and either accept the blessings with open arms and ride out the crisis like a surfer dude would. Life is only as bad as you determine it to be. Make the best out of it while you still have the power to do so.

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Super Me
That is Me, Super Me. I am none but the one. The potentially very capable home cleaner. It seems ridiculous that somehow, I'm able to derive a certain sense of satisfaction after I've managed to successfully rid all the trash and the other somewhat disgusting eyesores out of my little room.

This room which I share with my brother, is kinda big for one in a HDB apartment. In fact, it's about 2 times bigger than most of my friends' rooms. Cept for those who live in bigger places... who are people who live in pretty pretty expensive Semi D places. That aside... The Junk Collector (one of my many personas that I take on) in me seems to have this insatiable craving for collecting totally unnecessary stuff in the form of toys, magazines, weird bottles, papers and any thing that looks remotely pretty and bringing them home. Because of this very bad habit of mine, I've managed to clutter up a very big room with lots of totally useless things.

One day I thought, all these things are not going to improve the quality of my life at all. Instead they're making life quite a pain cos they've become objects that are not pleasing to the eye and have turned into visual klutter. With that, they're actually the source of my unhappiness. The visual klutter! Damned you visual klutter! So I've decided to throw out almost everything that's useless and not visually appealing from my room. And I've got a new loft bed that enables me to use space more efficiently by slotting a workstation underneath it.

With all that new free space, now I can dance in the middle of the night. Heh! Now all I need to do is teach my sister the sacred mantra of "Twist, twist, triple-step, step, step, triple-step!", and I'll be able to dance 7 days a week!!! Hahahaha!!!

Anyway... I think I'm a little cranky by now as I've only finished cleaning up, vacuuming, mopping and beautifying my room at 2am in the morning. After that, I went for a late night supper and OVERATE. So bad that I could only sleep at 430am in the morning. And now I'm up so early coz I had a dream of Mommy waking me up to go grocery shopping with her... Arrrgh!!! And I really woke up! Damned it! Ugh!

Bal-Swing coming up at 2pm later. Movies at 7pm. Then a late hangout session with Iggy and possibly Shou Yi at 9pm. Long day. But I'm sure it's gonna be fun!!! =)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

pictures! we want pictures!

12:30 pm, February 07, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey havent talked to u in a while. have u got a job? and bel swing .. so hard core... omg! how r e little boys? all surviving e office?

hp

7:14 pm, February 07, 2005

 
Blogger Charleston said...

Jo >> Yeah, will put up some picts soon. ONce I get my hands on a digicam! :D

HP >> Haiz, you're busy with school work mah... so I dare not disturb ur busy schedule. Ain't got a job yet. Maybe after SEA Jam or something. Mite be forced to look for part-time opportunities coz cash is running low. =S

Haha... Bal-Swing is not ez leh. Those throw-outs are tough man!!! The little boyz in the office are fine. Iggy's leaving after CNY to Australia liao... and nice little Poonsy and a-hem... "I" are still stuck in office servin time till god knows when... Hehe~

Lets meet up soon k? When you're free? *WinkZ*

12:41 am, February 08, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home