Random Stuff?
I've been hit an avalanche of thoughts recently. I ain't got that much capacity up there to remember and list them, bit by bit. But I'lll try.
The Rio Grande? I wouldn't have gotten them if my fantastic brother, Shaun, had lent me a hundred bucks to get me the shoes first. I think I'm turning into a shoe addict at a very alarming rate! As of now, I've got 3 pairs of adidas, 2 pairs of Converse canvas shoes, 1 pair of Mizuno Gym shoes, 1 pair of Springfield walking shoes and my New Balance Shoes from Army! That amounts up to a Grand Total of 8 pairs of shoes!
This is madness. I'm spending too much on shoes and I know it. Am I shopping like a woman would? I used to chide my gal pal, Tabitha, for having too many bikinis. I think she has 11 sets? That's more to last her 1 per day for a week! I'm in that same situation now! I've got 8 pairs of shoes that I can choose to wear for different days! Geez...
In The Mood For Love?
Oh Maggie, you're so fine... please be mine? And yes, Girls... you can have Tony. He's so suave. Right Jos and Grace? Anywayz, thanks again for putting me up at your place on a gloomy saturday afternoon. You girls are soooo sweet! :P
Saturday Night Walkathon
Last Saturday, Iggy and I met up in search for our Ba Kut Teh dinner. Instead of finding the nice tender chunks of Ba Kut... we spent an hour exploring Pearl Street which strangely looked straight out of a HK drama serial set. Dead abandoned buildings, illuminated by the pale yellow streetlamps seemed to start down threateningly at us as we walked down the narrow path in search of our Ba Kut Teh. We never managed to find any Ba Kut Teh. Instead we found lotsa stray cats marking their colony around Pearl Centre and some oldish looking "people" walking around the deserted streets.
We finally gave up after an hour and headed towards Chinatown where we loitered around for another 30 minutes or so before finding a good place to eat claypot rice, chee chong fun and really funky dessert! Was really a good deal. Met Jos and Jeannine afterwards at Ann Siang Hill where they met Len for his birthday while we explored the vicinity. Discovered a serious gay hideout complete with swings and rainbow coloured flags! Freaking scary... there was an eerie moment of silence when we walked past their territory. Thank goodness I didnt wear my rainbow shirt...
Anyway... we walked all the way to Harry's to meet the girls to swing again b4 walking from Harry's to Cineleisure where we hung around till 330am b4 we went to some building at Somerset Road to lindy till the morning...
Ahh... those crazy days we have...
The Charleston Stroll
Oh The Charleston Stroll... It was torture! Really, it's really straining on the ankles, calves and thighs. 1 hour of intense practice really too it's toll on all of us attending the class. Had to really stretch those legs to ease the pain.
But nevertheless if done correctly, the Charleston Stroll is quite a fun stroll. Yes, there might be unglam moments, but still... it's still rather comical! Lots of technical stuff involved there... but it's worth all the hard work and pain!


5 Comments:
hahaa...tink u got more shoes den me already...lolzz..
*xin
10:26 am, August 04, 2004
hey charles, u sound really happy now (ie no more whining!) hapieee for u! keep dancing!
-Joanne (the simei one, in case u made too many friends and forgot already :))
12:58 pm, August 04, 2004
*xin - yes i think i may have more shoes than you now! :)
Joanne - yes joanne... i remember you. how could i forget. goodness... your birthday is coming up too isnt it? 12th Aug right? Enuff proof? hehe~ i'm happier these days... but i still whine. lets whine together someday! :)
1:01 am, August 05, 2004
Charleston stroll's fun but i think it's one of the most unglam dance, ever! hehe...
3:45 pm, August 05, 2004
no prob! :P
yes my knees still ache from strolls
grace
11:10 am, August 06, 2004
Post a Comment
<< Home