Where Has The Joy Gone?
The days where unbridled joy and laughter filled the air around me are long gone. That innocence of youth has been taken away from me. I am now an angsty young adult that's struggling to come to terms with the adult world. In this world, you are being burdened with the responsibility of bring in the money, having to deal with difficult people, fighting the daily battles that come along as you strive to progress in life.
No one is happy these days. Is it because the world is fucked up? Probably so.
But why can't people derive happiness from the simple things in life? Instead they ask for so much, only to feel dissapointed, angry or more so... depressed when they don't get the results they expect.
I know I'm not happy. But I'm not mad at the state that I'm in. I know it's not my fault and I shouldn't be mad for all that. It'll only make my life worse. I'll just smile and appreciate the little sweet and lovely moments that come along and remember them. As for all the negative vibes... they can just go fuck off. Haha~
Joy and Happiness can be found inside. In our hearts, if we dig deep enough to find it.
Life is only as bad as the way you percieve it to be.
The days where unbridled joy and laughter filled the air around me are long gone. That innocence of youth has been taken away from me. I am now an angsty young adult that's struggling to come to terms with the adult world. In this world, you are being burdened with the responsibility of bring in the money, having to deal with difficult people, fighting the daily battles that come along as you strive to progress in life.
No one is happy these days. Is it because the world is fucked up? Probably so.
But why can't people derive happiness from the simple things in life? Instead they ask for so much, only to feel dissapointed, angry or more so... depressed when they don't get the results they expect.
I know I'm not happy. But I'm not mad at the state that I'm in. I know it's not my fault and I shouldn't be mad for all that. It'll only make my life worse. I'll just smile and appreciate the little sweet and lovely moments that come along and remember them. As for all the negative vibes... they can just go fuck off. Haha~
Joy and Happiness can be found inside. In our hearts, if we dig deep enough to find it.
Life is only as bad as the way you percieve it to be.


2 Comments:
since goldfish started the ol' bill spree, let me say:
For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so
Am gathering myself and accentuating the postives, so to speak...
ganbatte, charles!
jos
8:33 am, July 27, 2004
ganbatte nei!!
grace
9:47 pm, July 27, 2004
Post a Comment
<< Home