The monotony of each passing day seems to ironically bring different surprises. You're either going to be greeted by pleasant surprises or rude shocks. No matter what, we've got to take it in our stride and either accept the blessings with open arms and ride out the crisis like a surfer dude would. Life is only as bad as you determine it to be. Make the best out of it while you still have the power to do so.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Polka Punk
Yeah... Polka Punk is my band name... but we're kinda thinking of changing it to Polka Cola. Tacky eh? Hehe. Went to Jam again on Sunday @ Garage with Edwin again. We need a drummer! Ed's great on drums but he's the lead guitarist!!! It's stifling his inner beast to be on the drums!!! Can't wait to find a drummer who doesn't mind playing with newbies like me so that we can form a 4 piece with Ed on lead guitar, my brother on bass and me on rhythm guitars.

Wrote a few songs specially for this session. Never really thought that I could write anything lyrical at all. But who cares, just hit it and let it flow when the inspiration comes. And inspiration sure does come from pretty strange places. I've read one too many times that some songwriters like to lock themselves in the bathroom for hours armed with nothing but a notepad, a pen, some water, munchies and their guitar and they come out with lotsa songs. I didn't believe that the toilet would actually be a condusive place for songwriting. But I discovered that I was wrong.

I ended up coming up with ideas for 2 songs while I was in the bathroom. One of them is called "Money Grubbing Slut" and the other's a alternative cover version of the classic hit "Fever" by Eva Cassidy. Am so hit by the songwriting bug now that I'm always thinking looking for new material for ideas. Did one for Gen the other day too. That one's called "Alone again". She did the lyrics and I filled the rest in. Hope it turns out okay in the demo. Am working on a haunting number called, "Everyday" right now. Have only got 4 lines and the basic chord progression out. But I like it bad enough already to want to finish up that song... just that I've got no decent lyrics to flow in yet. So I guess that'll have to wait... till the next toilet trip maybe? *chuckles*

I've got no aspirations to conquer the music industry... yet.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha u can try jin that gal is brillant on e drums. knocks ur socks off but not now la when hols then ask her k?

hp

11:21 pm, March 24, 2005

 
Blogger Charleston said...

Yeah. i've asked her already. Hope she just comes down and have fun lor. nothiing serious one also lah... just go whack and destress.

12:36 am, March 25, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home