Performance Training
Punishment junkies united! Alright, I knew that I would be in for some serious punishment even before I signed up for this. It's just my own fault that I didn't prepare sufficiently enough for it. Fucking slacker... Anyway, performance class is a whole new thing altogether from normal lindy classes. The emphasis is so totally different. Back in normal lindy lesson, the emphasis is learn stuff and improve as we go along. But over in performance, every single thing that we run through leads to preparing us for a performance.
The arduous warm up sequence was probably enough to wear out some beings. Felt damned shiok after that but I knew I'll be achin here and there the next day. Heheh. So we did certain things like lotsa crunches, push-ups, jumpin and tucking in our knees, handstands and we even tried doing a lift. The "Russian Kick", only that there was no kick involved.
Just from the first performance class lesson, I realised that it's not all about brute strength. Of course you still need to have a certain amount of strength first, before you can have control over what you're doing. That... I'll have to work a lot on. Skinny bones, you've better start working out. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to do any aerials!
Wouldn't wanna muck up any moves too... just the other day we tried the "Russian Kick" and I mucked it up by losing my balance and I had to take a step back to counter balance but that caused Eunice to go off balance. Thankfully it was nothing too serious. But still... I gotta be responsible for the safety of my partner. Haiz... better start working out. No more lazing around.
7 more weeks of classes to come. Can't wait for each class to happen! Heheh~
Punishment junkies united! Alright, I knew that I would be in for some serious punishment even before I signed up for this. It's just my own fault that I didn't prepare sufficiently enough for it. Fucking slacker... Anyway, performance class is a whole new thing altogether from normal lindy classes. The emphasis is so totally different. Back in normal lindy lesson, the emphasis is learn stuff and improve as we go along. But over in performance, every single thing that we run through leads to preparing us for a performance.
The arduous warm up sequence was probably enough to wear out some beings. Felt damned shiok after that but I knew I'll be achin here and there the next day. Heheh. So we did certain things like lotsa crunches, push-ups, jumpin and tucking in our knees, handstands and we even tried doing a lift. The "Russian Kick", only that there was no kick involved.
Just from the first performance class lesson, I realised that it's not all about brute strength. Of course you still need to have a certain amount of strength first, before you can have control over what you're doing. That... I'll have to work a lot on. Skinny bones, you've better start working out. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to do any aerials!
Wouldn't wanna muck up any moves too... just the other day we tried the "Russian Kick" and I mucked it up by losing my balance and I had to take a step back to counter balance but that caused Eunice to go off balance. Thankfully it was nothing too serious. But still... I gotta be responsible for the safety of my partner. Haiz... better start working out. No more lazing around.
7 more weeks of classes to come. Can't wait for each class to happen! Heheh~


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home