The Beautiful, Simpler Side Of Life
Today, I went down to NUS to help Ee Jin & Grace out at the MINDs Christmas Party. There I met lots of under-previllaged people who were enjoying themselves with all the colouring, kite-making, dressing up games, origami folding and sing-along sessions with all the lovely volunteers that came along with them today.
Today, I went down to NUS to help Ee Jin & Grace out at the MINDs Christmas Party. There I met lots of under-previllaged people who were enjoying themselves with all the colouring, kite-making, dressing up games, origami folding and sing-along sessions with all the lovely volunteers that came along with them today.
It dawned upon me that one doesn't need all the flashy gadgets, shitloads of money or the cutest chick on Earth around my arms to be happy. One just needs to be content with whatever material items that are essential and the quality of company/friends one has and that, will already be quite a blessing in its own right.
These people do not have all the material posessions that I have, but they seem to be leading happier lives. And I'm sure they know that they're being loved by poeple out there who are always willing to be with them in times of need. People who are willing to scarifice their own personal time to make that additional step to try to make a difference to the simple lives of these MINDs trainees.
To the organisers & volunteers of today's event, I salute you all.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home