Mandy
I've finally managed to drag myself down to Harry's @ Boat Quay tonight because Mandy Gaines is back! Well, theoretically she has been back for a month or so but I'm either just too bogged with work or just plain lazy to go see the First Lady of Swing.
She's just so great that I could just sit there the entire night, do nothing and just listen to her sing. Oh how I wish she has her CD or something like that, so that I could just play and loop it all day long... She's as close as a modern day Ella as I can get and I thank my lucky stars and Iggy for intro-ing me to her music while she was still the resident singer at the Regent.
Now she'll be at Harry's @ Boat Quay till the 7th of January. Shit, thats really soon so I guess I'll have to be really good and go see her every week before she leaves. Till then, I'll just be good and have myself a swinging good time while she's still around. =)
She's just so great that I could just sit there the entire night, do nothing and just listen to her sing. Oh how I wish she has her CD or something like that, so that I could just play and loop it all day long... She's as close as a modern day Ella as I can get and I thank my lucky stars and Iggy for intro-ing me to her music while she was still the resident singer at the Regent.
Now she'll be at Harry's @ Boat Quay till the 7th of January. Shit, thats really soon so I guess I'll have to be really good and go see her every week before she leaves. Till then, I'll just be good and have myself a swinging good time while she's still around. =)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home