The monotony of each passing day seems to ironically bring different surprises. You're either going to be greeted by pleasant surprises or rude shocks. No matter what, we've got to take it in our stride and either accept the blessings with open arms and ride out the crisis like a surfer dude would. Life is only as bad as you determine it to be. Make the best out of it while you still have the power to do so.

Saturday, June 12, 2004

Lindy Days
I have no recollection of how the hours from 0800hrs to 1730hrs on my Thursday went. Probably wasted all my time in the office. But I sure do remember what happened after 1730hrs.

It was Lindy Time! All I look forward to every week is for Thursday to come. It's such a great feeling to meet up with my dear friends from Lindy class. For some apparent reason, the class has been reduced to 5 guys and 4 girls. But its alright, the ones that are here are the ones that matter.

Swing Flings are so much fun as you are able to bum around with friends and at the same time, dance your heart out if you want to. Danced with the regular bunch of khakis and a few other new people today. Had a hilarious minor accident with someone who knows who she is too! It's our 2nd consecutive accident in 2 weeks but I guess this was pretty hilarious at that moment when I also had my nose swiped off my face! Thank goodness I've got a pretty strong fiber glass nose that's firmly titanium screwed into my face. *Chuckles*

Kinda wish there were more upbeat songs to keep the mood going though. Ain't no point playing low-tempo lullabies when the purpose is the have people enjoying the music and being able to dance to it at the same time. I like slow music, but I've no idea what to do when I have to dance to it. So... Bring on the Big Band Sounds for me to jive to!

Recollections Of A Tainted Mind
"There she was, standing under the giant clock in the train station with a bemused look on her face. It was him again, their paths have crossed in yet another cruel twist of fate. After enduring a long hard day at work, could he be the perk-me-up pill that will jump start her faltering world once more?

The first train that came along zipped by as she was still lost in her thoughts wondering if she should take a chance and do the unexpected or should she just let fate run its due course and hope for the best.

The next train came along before she even knew it and to her surprise, it was almost empty. The doors opened and her head bobbed along to the rhythm of her long, steady strides as she made her way to her favourite seat beside the glass panels. This was the prime position for her to see him without him noticing her if he had followed her hint and gotten into the right cabin.

He was supposed to appear at the next stop. But as the train pulled up and opened its doors to allow throngs of people squeeze in at the next station, there was no guy in black lugging a green bag in sight...

Throughout the entire ride, her eyes darted around the cabin looking for a guy in black. But black is as common a colour for a shirt as blue is often used to describe the colour of the sky.

Strangely, time seems to pass a lot quicker when you are looking for something or someone. Soon it was time the both of them to alight and it was one last opportunity for their paths to cross. But she had already lost all interest and she quickly made her way to her favourite spot where the door would open right in front of the escalator at the fourth door from the last cabin.

As she walked out of the train station, she took a glance at her watch and realised that she's still able to catch 1/5th of her favourite show... And it was not before long that he was forgotten again..."

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Swing Fling!:) Nevermind, we'll dance more when there are more upbeat songs, yes?:) If R reads this, sorry for torturing you to "Is you ain't or is you is my baby?". haha.

jos

9:32 am, June 12, 2004

 
Blogger sycsim said...

I miss lindy hopping! orh~~~ I can't wait to go back to Singapore and dance! Charles! You shall be my lead when I get back! Bring on "Murder, He Says"!

10:20 am, June 13, 2004

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who did u have e accident with??
curious

3:39 pm, June 13, 2004

 
Blogger Charleston said...

Ain't Telling. :P
Who's u curious?

11:53 pm, June 13, 2004

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

..guess I wasn't the only one causing accidents ~ I elbowed someone in the face for the first time! woohoo..erm, actually really sorry about it..and I promise not to ever do it again to anyone.:)

jos

9:56 am, June 14, 2004

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was ME that broke his nose :( mea culpa! sorry charliebrown, didn't mean to injure you so....

thank god for titanium reinforcements. you came prepared.

(goldfish)

8:14 pm, June 20, 2004

 

Post a Comment

<< Home