The monotony of each passing day seems to ironically bring different surprises. You're either going to be greeted by pleasant surprises or rude shocks. No matter what, we've got to take it in our stride and either accept the blessings with open arms and ride out the crisis like a surfer dude would. Life is only as bad as you determine it to be. Make the best out of it while you still have the power to do so.

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Went For A Tan
Went down to the pool today during lunch-time with Justin to swima-dip-dip. A slight breeze was blowing into our faces as we strolled down the hill to the recreation centre. Yes! It's such a lovely day! Perfect weather for a swim!

It's hard to believe that through the 15 months I've worked here, never before have I visited the pool although the sport hall is quite a frequent haunt for Raymond, Shou Yi and Me as we play table tennis there.

One reason for me not to go swimming as regularly as I possible could is because I've always heard that there are lots of faggies there.
P.S: I'm quite seriously homophobic. But I'm cool with my gay friends. Just don't really like the idea of being around strangers who are scouting for boys to prey on. *Shudders*

FYI: I did 10 measly laps. 8 breasts, 1 Free, 1 Back. Will do more next time.

AWOL
Today, I've got a lingering feeling inside. I miss my friends. 2 of them in particular. They know who they are. They were supposed to meet on my birthday almost a month ago for dinner with Nicole and I. But for various work commitments, they were both unable to turn up. I've not heard from one of them since them. I hope she's fine. Sent both of them sms-es today. Again, one didn't reply. I really hope she's fine. Maybe I should call her tomorrow. I'm missing my AWOL friends.

An Unexpected Discovery
Gen, "Can you go on MSN now?" With that, I was introduced to the fascinating world of Mazzy Star. Gen wanted to learn how to play the song cuz she loved it so much. Little did I know that it was such a wonderful song. Such a beautifully written song with simple lyrics, simple chords. I'm hooked, all thanks to Gen. Btw, its quite easy to play this song, just a little difficult to hang on to the B-minor chord. Painful!

Besides from Mazzy Star, I've been listening to loads of Count Basie and the soundtrack of the movie Duets. I think I'm hooked to old songs. Maybe I do not belong in this time frame. I mite be a closet hippie!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello closet hippie!!

so then shoud girls be afraid to go to heterosexual pools since there are countless unknown guys who might be waiting to prowl on them? haha just a thought...only a thought...

which mazzy star song do you like?

-shireen

1:02 pm, June 09, 2004

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am listening to Mazzy Star currently as well!:)

Currently, I like "Into Dust" and "Fade into you".

jos

1:54 pm, June 09, 2004

 
Blogger Charleston said...

Hmm... guess I'll finally understand the fear of being preyed upon.

I like Halah and Fade Into You. I love Mazzy! :)

7:37 pm, June 09, 2004

 

Post a Comment

<< Home