The monotony of each passing day seems to ironically bring different surprises. You're either going to be greeted by pleasant surprises or rude shocks. No matter what, we've got to take it in our stride and either accept the blessings with open arms and ride out the crisis like a surfer dude would. Life is only as bad as you determine it to be. Make the best out of it while you still have the power to do so.

Saturday, June 05, 2004

Movie Maniac
Been catching lots of movies recently.

Facing Windows
Caught an Italian movie, "Facing Windows", two weeks ago. It's a nice movie that has a few sub-plots cleverly weaved together as the movie progresses. This movie simply left me and my friend, Jeanine, absolutely breathless as we stepped out of the theatre.

Overwhelmed with emotion, we looked and each other and smiled, knowing that we've just caught a mind-blowing movie. The movie is just like a perfectly baked chocolate cake. You want to resist it but you can't.

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
Another movie I caught last Friday was, "Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind". Caught this one with Jeanine too. Very interesting movie title eh? The movie's even better!

This movie left me thinking bout what has happened over the recent year. There's this particular special somebody who has really coloured my past 8 months. I've never met her in person before, and perhaps, I never will.

Heaven seems to be making a sport out of me. Everytime our paths will cross but we'll just never be able to run meet each other in person. Even if we arrange to meet up, something unfortunate will happen and cause either of us to not be able to honour the date.

The closest we ever came to coming face to face with each other was when we happened to be on the same train. I was trawling through the carraiges in hope that either of us will spot each other and end the long and painful wait. But just like it always turns out, we'll miss each other no matter how hard we try.

Call me silly if you want to. Some people reading this will probably be shaking their heads in resignation. Yes, I'm supposed to be over this some time ago. But to be able to meet this person who has brought along with her tears of happiness and anguish into my life will be a moment that I'll faithfully wait for.

It'll be easy if I could just erase the memories. Then maybe I wouldn't feel so bad? Maybe? Nah... Even if you can erase the memories in you head, you still can't dispose of the feelings you hold for a person in your heart.

Without such memories, I wouldn't be the person I am now. For better or worse. The memories are here to stay. How they'll affect me, I'll leave it to another day to think about that.

The Day After Tomorrow
Almost forgot bout this movie. I had to choose between watching TDAT and Troy. For some apparent reason, I just did not feel like watching Troy. So I asked Lanlih out to catch this movie with me, abadoning Iggy, Raymond and Shou Yi in the process. I'mm bad! Anyway, I really liked how the movie showed what might realistically happen to our Mother Earth if we continue to abuse the Eco-system. Guess it's time for everyone to do their part and go green!

Shrek 2
And on last Saturday, I caught Shrek 2! Caught this one with Steph, Eddy and Gen. Hung out with Gen and went shopping with her for a pair of jeans that day. That poor lass had a super long day before meeting up with me. Then we had to bum around and wait for Eddy to arrive to have dinner with b4 we meet Steph officially to catch the movie together. It wasn't surprising to see Gen dozin off halfway tru the movie. Hee~

Anyway, Shrek 2 is an endearing family movie that really can't go wrong. In it's standard animation format with surprising twists when you least expected it, Shrek 2 certainly managed to turn me from a sulking punk into a happy camper after I've finished the movie.

More Movies To Follow?
There are a few more movies I want to catch this year... So you'll probably read a few more of my quirky, totally irrelavent movie reviews soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home