The monotony of each passing day seems to ironically bring different surprises. You're either going to be greeted by pleasant surprises or rude shocks. No matter what, we've got to take it in our stride and either accept the blessings with open arms and ride out the crisis like a surfer dude would. Life is only as bad as you determine it to be. Make the best out of it while you still have the power to do so.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Tuesday Night With Perth: A Geylang Massacre

Was too sick of sitting on my flat ass today. Picked up the papers and saw an ad for the movie, Perth: A Geylang Massacre. It stars, Lim Kay Tong. That name itself... made the decision rather simple for me. I knew I had to watch this movie. With or without company. I had to.

Made my way out and while I was out in the streets wandering, I found myself in a Gramaphone where I lazily cast my eyes onto the shelves. It happened that those damned eyes of mine somehow managed to focus on 2 Cds that I've been trying to avoid over the past 2 weeks. Both of them were Cds of Ronin and The Observatory. They're good local bands that have really stood out over the past year or so. I kinda am an aquaintance of Levan from Ronin. He's a great bud of my old poly mate, Swee Siang from their VSS days. Ronin's a kickass band... so I guess I'd better show my support to the local scene and the crazy boys from Ronin by buying their Cd. As for the peeps from The Observatory... I just blinking like their music lah. So buy lor. Haiz... ended up spending lots more cash then I intended to. I need to save money. Not spend money. Oh well... shall spend less next time.

Anyways... check out the crazy boys from Ronin here!!! And check out the chic sounds of the peeps from The Observatory here!!!

Anywayz... after I splurged on the Cds... I headed back to Lido to catch my movie for the night, alone. Perth: A Geylang Massacre. I have to say, I was suprised by the quality of this movie. It was a hit in many ways. The movie took everyone present on an emotional ride in their seats. From hilariously vulgar dialogues, chillingly violent sequences, heart-wrenching moments to a deathly wave of calm.

The cast was great and I was really impressed with the fantastic cinematography of the movie. Every scene felt like it had a very fascinating story to go with it. If it was just a black and white movie, with no dialogue, no subtitles, I would still have loved the movie.

Yes... people go watch the movie if you haven't!!! I think its run is ending soon. But please do go watch it! It kicks ass!!! Possibly better then the up and coming Eric Khoo's Be With You. Haha... Will have to see that and see which is better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home