The monotony of each passing day seems to ironically bring different surprises. You're either going to be greeted by pleasant surprises or rude shocks. No matter what, we've got to take it in our stride and either accept the blessings with open arms and ride out the crisis like a surfer dude would. Life is only as bad as you determine it to be. Make the best out of it while you still have the power to do so.

Monday, August 22, 2005

The Weekend, The Weekend!

The Weekend.
Its been quite a bit, since I spent all 3 days of my weekend out. Running about. Hanging out. Checking things out. Eating out. The maddening crowd of the weekend is just plain weird. Hmm... that includes myself then.

Weaving through the throngs of human traffic is a breeze for the pencil-thin me. But still it irritates me to have to make my way through lotsa slow, path hoggin traffic that all seem to have huge asses and ridiculously small brains that dis-enables them to navigate through traffic effectively. And they end up blocking my path all the time. Grr...

Maybe thats the reason why, I've been trying to lock myself at home over the past 2 months or so during the weekends. The equation is pretty straightforward. If there's no swing @ Harrys. I am almost certain that I'll spend the weekend at home, on my arse, in front of my lovely monitor, blogging away. Either that, I'll be in front of the 30 inch tv with a bag of chips, having my eyes glued to F1 Racing, Soccer, Rugby, AXN, Animal Planet, Discovery Channel and MTV.

But not this weekend though. I was out. Amongst the madden crowd. But it doesnt really matter this time as I had good company with me.

Friday
Hung out with Peiru and did the usual stuff we normally did when we hung out. She shopped. I window-shopped. Went to our fave joint to sit, talk bout life and watch people in action. It is so much fun when you observe how people behave out there in the public. Strange tt we didnt notice how quickly time passed when we were just simply chatting away. I like it this way. Just to sit and let time pass while hanging out with friends while we talk bout life and all.

Saturday With Old Friends
Bummed on my arse the entire day... until I had to go out for dinner with Dan, Tabs and Peiru. We headed down to Bugis, ate Fish & Co which was strangely no as filling as I thought. I usually the 1st one to exclaim that I'm blinking about to explode with food. But not this time. Strange strange. Nevertheless, we headed down to Bugis Village to fight more human traffic and let Tabbers and Peiru fight the rest of other ladies for tops, bottoms, shoes, bags and accessories. Tab emerged from the scrap with... 1 top. I think, my notoriously awful memory is starting to fail me now. Oh fuck... Tabbers, if u read this. Tell me what I missed.

Think we went back to Parco and Tabber bought another pair of 3/4s while I drifted into Sembawang Music Store and set my eyes on a Mayday Concert Album. Not another one... I wondered. I already have 2 or 3 concert box sets from these brilliant energetic songwriting chaps from Taiwan. Haha... coincidentally, as I'm typing this, Ah-Shin's (the band's lead singer) voice started projecting from my speakers. I know... I usually don't dig chinese music. But these guys are different. No, That's why I consistently buy their music. They're the band that made me decide that I would like to be musically involved and so I picked up the guitar and started learning. Didn't buy their Cd on saturday tho. Hehe~

Late Nights @ Harry's
After hanging out with the girls and Dan, I head down to Harry's for some swing. Managed to convince the man-child, Len along. We happened to be on the same train. So when we both alighted, we saw each other on opposite sides of the station. The young boy and the old boy acting young.

When we got to Harry's we realised that it was totally invaded by ang-moh ruggers!!! The Aussie Wallabies, The RSA Springboks, The British Lions (inclusive of Welsh, Ireland, Scotland and the 'Mighty' England) and probably the Indomitable NZ All Blacks were around. Thank goodness most of them were stuck upstairs having their ruggers party. Imagine if the NZ lads had done the Hakka, I think the the roof would have crumbled on us on the ground floor. *HORROR*

It was so crowded that we had to wait till almost the end of the first set, to be able to get a seat. The singer didn't swing that much but everyone still managed to snatch a few dancers each. Went to Macs for some much needed clean air and snacks during both breaks. Think I was already zonked out by the time the 2nd set ended. Must make a concious effort to sleep earlier, and more too. Otherwise, I'll be so zombified all the time.

Went for supper after Harry's closed for the night and headed back home after that. Think I must have slept like a log that night. Didn't stir in my sleep at all. Just flat out zonking out till way past midday.

Wicked Sounds By The Bay
Arranged with Ed to head down to Esplanade on Sunday evening. Sadly couldn't make it to Basheer to checkout books. I wanna see guitars at Swee Lee also.Oh well... will go today instead. Anyways he asked a friend along. Her name was Jocelyn. She looks slightly eccentric. Plays a mean guitar tho. According to Ed lah. Has very strict QC on her musical preferences too. Everything also don't like one siah.

Went to check out the gig organinsed by The Aging Youth: The Aftermath of Karaoke. I was there to catch Astreal in action and to hear their new songs. They're my fav local band, together with Ronin and of course, my own very lazy 2-man band, The Stephanies. Oei. Ed, think we gotta really start working hard liao lah. Must jam more leh. Hehe... Me working hard on songs. Hehe... but I can't do it alone leh. U must help me out. Hahah

Anywayz... I felt of the 3 bands that played last night, Citizens Of Ice Cream really sucked. Okay... not that bad, but personally I think they could be a lot better. Of all the 5 songs they performed, I only liked their last one. And me thinks they need a lead singer or seriously work on their stage presence. It was a self-absorbed performance to say the least. I hate to diss local or regional acts, but this one really bored me to bits.

The other band, from Thailand, totally rawked tho. (Pity I couldn't remember their names) They even got the resident uncle who hangs regularly at The Esplanade to check out gigs grooving! Ahem... Citizens of Ice Cream, yes... take a look at these guys. They ate the stage up... and sucked the audience into the gig. Great kickass stuff I must say.

The last band was... ASTREAL!!! Heh. Loved it. Great new songs that needed more lyrics tho... Somehow, this band just has stage presence. From the drummer, to the 2 guitarists and the singer/bassist, Ginnette. I had a helluva time just shifting my attention onto each member of the band as the rawked the socks off me feet.

Can wait for more gigs... When will I get mine? Ermm... go learn how to play scales first lah. Nevertheless, it was a nice gig to end the weekend for me. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home