The monotony of each passing day seems to ironically bring different surprises. You're either going to be greeted by pleasant surprises or rude shocks. No matter what, we've got to take it in our stride and either accept the blessings with open arms and ride out the crisis like a surfer dude would. Life is only as bad as you determine it to be. Make the best out of it while you still have the power to do so.

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Swinging @ The Art House
Last night was just great. Dancing in the Chamber of the Old Parliment House. It was a truly amazing experience that I'll never forget. I just love Lindy Hopping together with my close friends, Jos and Jeannine.

The Thomson Swing Band was dishing out hit after hit right from the first song, "In The Mood". That song set the tone for the rest of their 45 minute performance. The Lindy Hoppers were filling up the floor dancing song after song as the audience watched in awe from their comfy leather seats of the Old Parliment House.

I'm super duper glad that Jos actually asked me to do a dance before they ended their set for the night. Hehe... Guess I was just too transfixed with the band and my fellow lindy hoppers that I almost forgot that I was there to do a dance or two. Thanks for that timely reminder Jos! Haha~ It's always nice dancing with you babe!

It's such a pity that the lads missed out on such a good event. I bet they'll be kicking themselves for missing it. It's so strange to be going out with the girls without Igs, Shou Yi and Raymond. It was just me yesterday. Oh well... I hope this will not last for long though. It's not that I dislike Jos and Jeannine's company but it's just weird not having the boys around.

It's a nice way to end the grubby week of many mishaps with good Swing music, 2 babes and lotsa dancing. Hmm... maybe it's a blessing that the boys are not around! That means more dances!!! Hehe... Just joking boys. Come back soon!

*Btw... I've just realised I'm in a bad financial state again. That means... eating bread and cheese in the office again!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey babe! had a fab time as well ~ always great dancing with you and then some!:)

jos

8:43 pm, August 15, 2004

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna dance too! Really miss dancing! Glad u're having fun!

12:04 pm, August 16, 2004

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if u are who i think you might be, we can all dance when we see you next!:) heh

j

1:41 pm, August 16, 2004

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yah man it rocked! great lead on the rare fffffasst song charles, and after yer night of dancing at harry's, frame solid siah hehe... thanks dude! :)

and jossie's airfairy skirt very pretty...

3:17 pm, August 16, 2004

 
Blogger Charleston said...

Jos > hehe... more fun to come on thursday!!! Whoopie!! More pretty airfairy skirts?
Anonymous > who are u? hehe... come dance with us soon! hehe!
Goldfish > Totally smashin saturday night! Shiok! Btw, you make life easy for the leads. It's an unbelievable experience to be dancin in the chamber... my head's still spinnin around and round.

i'm a happy swinger alright! hehe~

9:56 pm, August 16, 2004

 

Post a Comment

<< Home