The monotony of each passing day seems to ironically bring different surprises. You're either going to be greeted by pleasant surprises or rude shocks. No matter what, we've got to take it in our stride and either accept the blessings with open arms and ride out the crisis like a surfer dude would. Life is only as bad as you determine it to be. Make the best out of it while you still have the power to do so.

Monday, August 16, 2004

Death Comes
Just this morning while I was walking down the stretch of road that brings me to the office with Ivan, something flat and mangled caught my eye. I took a closer look and I realised that it was a freshly crushed carcass of a frog. Poor little creature. It did nothing to deserve such a horrible end to it's short life.

What are the chances that you get run over by a vehicle while you attempt to cross a road? Quite small right? Apparently not. Poor snails get squished all the time when they attempt to cross the pavements near my place on rainy days. It's not fair. These little creatures have done nothing wrong to die in such a horrid way. And I guess the worst thing is that they didn't even see it coming. Well... It might be a good thing that the end was swift and that the pain was kept to the minimum.

But still, I was quite disturbed by the fact that the poor frog was being run over by incoming vehicles over and over again. Arrgh! Poor froggie. And whatever that is remaining of it's carcass will probably be picked by the hovering crows as breakfast. Guess that's the way the natural cycle of life works.

With death, comes life and with life, death will eventually follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home