The monotony of each passing day seems to ironically bring different surprises. You're either going to be greeted by pleasant surprises or rude shocks. No matter what, we've got to take it in our stride and either accept the blessings with open arms and ride out the crisis like a surfer dude would. Life is only as bad as you determine it to be. Make the best out of it while you still have the power to do so.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Add Another Candle To The Cake
In less than 5 days time... I'll be turning 23. This year... I want put certain things right. There are just so many things that are making me into a very unhappy person. Time to time... No, actually all the time, I'm finding new ways to antagonise myself.

So I've decided to give myself a break and go easy on myself. No point being so unhappy all the time ya? Step one, I'll leave my current job and bum for a while first. Then I'll set myself a brief and work on it... and build a solid portfolio before I search for another job.

Mom says that I waste too much time doing unnecessary stuff all the time. Gotta put my time to better use this year. And not take what Mom says for granted. I already know what she'll say this year. She says the same lines every year. But still... I'm not gonna take her words for granted! =)

If needed, I'll take a month long break away from Lindy to work on my portfolio. Sometimes, some things just gotta be done... too much dancing over the past 14 months already anyway. Need to take some kinda break. In truth, I'm already feeling burnt out and I know I seriously need a break from dancing. Clear the mind. Rest the feet-ses, spare the knees, find the frame and after the break I'll rediscover the joy of Lindy Hop!

I'll probably have to devote more time into writing songs for my bad band, "The Stephanies" and practice more on my guitar while I'm on the lindy break. It seems that we might have a full set up soon now that my bro and cousin are joining in on bass and drums respectively! Maybe I could work on warbling more too. Who know... wrabling depressive tunes might just shoot me to stardom one day. Hahaha...

Oh well... I'm sure there's more that I wanna tell myself to do in the following year. More targets to meet. More things to get done and over with. More demons to slay. More songs to write. More of life in general...

In the meantime... I'll just think I'll just go to sleep as I inch closer to being 23...

1 Comments:

Blogger dancerwannababe said...

Hey...the same things I will say as before, remember what you want to do, and keep them in your heart. Make plans to get them done. That way, that is a life without regrets. Way to go pal!

11:50 am, May 06, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home