The monotony of each passing day seems to ironically bring different surprises. You're either going to be greeted by pleasant surprises or rude shocks. No matter what, we've got to take it in our stride and either accept the blessings with open arms and ride out the crisis like a surfer dude would. Life is only as bad as you determine it to be. Make the best out of it while you still have the power to do so.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Pretending To Club With Iggy

Decided to forsake swing last nite to hang out with Mr Iggy. Don't clobber me lah... Me must hang out with my friend as much as I can before he decides to head back to the Brissy Land of Bane to continue his academic pursuits.

In order to prepare ourselves for a night of pseudo clubbing, you must first have a good dinner to prep yourself up for the rest of the night. So for dinner, I finally went to the much lauded Wisma Atria foodcourt. Ohmyfreakingtian... Its like so damned crowded can! THERE MUST BE TONNES OF PEOPLE THERE!!! But its a really cool themed foodcourt with a really retro feel to it. My kinda place. Harhar~ So 60s with fake retro bookshop complete with old school toys and fans for sale!!! The funny thing is that the bookshop has internet connection and lotsa FHM kindish of magazines. If only they were able to salvage some of those old magazines from the days gone by. Lolz... I'm speaking as thot I was from that generation.

Dinner was simple fare... Western food, not much of a choice coz the entire place was so freaking crowded. When I saw the blinking open table at the western food joint, I just had to decide to sit down and just settle for that. We decided to make our way down Orchard Rd to look for my Samfoo top. We were not very successful at that as we were searching for the wrong thing in the wrong place. I'm off to China-funkytown to try my luck later today.

So we walked our way to Harry's @ Boat Quay to catch good ol Mandy sing. She's kickass as usual. Too bad we didn't have any follows. Otherwise that would have been seriously ideal. Oh well... you can't win all the time. Anyways it was really cool last nite as suddenly a trumpet guy and a tenor sax guy decided to drop by Harry's and jam sponataneously with Mandy and the house band. I wanna jam like these musicians lor. So powerful...

And after Mandy & Friends decided to call it a night, Iggy & I made our way back to M.O.S at the around 1am. Managed to sneak in for free once more. Damned... my clubbing track record is awesome. I never have to pay. Never. Hahaha... cheapskate clubber, I am. Our plan for the night was to explore all the open rooms, people watch and pretend to club.

So after I'd given Iggy a guided tour of all the different rooms and stuff, we decided to laze around the rooms and people watch as we go along. We seriously disliked the House music and the R&B sections. Not our cuppa tea. The retro disco shit and and the UK House music areas were totally cool tho. Me thinks that we will hang there whenever the opportunity arises. The retro area really rawks... nice flashy dancefloor tiles that light up with pyschedellic colours while the people are dancing on it. Pretty small area, if all the lindyhoppers wanted to dance on those tiles, think we''d had to blues to Bananarama in order to fit everyone in. There were really nice egg chairs to jump into. It'll be so nice to just sit in it and people-watch with a drink in hand.

The other section that we seriously loved was the White Room. Everything in the room was white.... cept for the cushy cushions that were 50% Magenta. The colour of the room changes from magenta to lime green to blue at regular intervals. And in the room, there are mega bean bags and large circular pods for people to chill on with friends while having a round of drinks. Pretty cool. I wanna hold a swing party there. Any takers?

Anyways... we procceded to Pretend To Club (PTC) after all the exploration and yes... its was funny to PTC and people watch at the same time. Pretty funky moves from all round... and best of all, you get to see rich taitais with the young toyboys hanging around them. Slightly disturbing and crazy... but yes, it's damned freaking funny to see a taitai take off her wig and put it onto her toyboy's head and see them spinning around in bliss. Hahaha~ Crazy stuff. Music selection wise, perhaps the DJs need to put in more effort to play the hippier songs rather den play songs that only tone deaf idiots can move too. Saw a cute little chick play Humpty Dumpty on the floor too. Think she had wayyyy to much to drink... Watched a Veeerrrrrrrry SERIOUS GUY ZIP UP HIS FLY AFTER HE REALISED THAT IT WAS UNDONE ALL THE TIME WHILE HE WAS DANCING!!! ERmm.... the things one gets to see while pretending to club is pretty hilarious. Good stuff...

Till the next time ... I'm back to Lindy Hoppin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home