The monotony of each passing day seems to ironically bring different surprises. You're either going to be greeted by pleasant surprises or rude shocks. No matter what, we've got to take it in our stride and either accept the blessings with open arms and ride out the crisis like a surfer dude would. Life is only as bad as you determine it to be. Make the best out of it while you still have the power to do so.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Fun Times... @ Nicky's

Was out last night @ Nicky's place. Lovely evening... well spent with his friends, Louis, Corinne, Gracia, Vivek. We watched a dvd of 'Love Me If You Dare'. Lovely movie... Loved it to bit... 2nd time I caught this one, I think. Caught it on New Year's Eve almost one and a half years ago now... and I think I like it even much more now that I've seen it again. Brilliant movie really... lovely colours, crazy ass dares and lots of laughter!!! Game... or Not?


We caught some on the edge documentary called, 'Calling the Shots', about Reuter's photographers on the borders of Israel and Palestine. Wahliao... these guys face death almost routinely man... everyone just gotta catch this one. Gotta respect all frontline photographers like these guys man... Who gets shot at and wounded but still gets a brilliant photo that tells the entire story! Amazing stuff.


Just look at this shot by Ahmed Jadallah... ganna shot and seriously injured already... and he still managed to shoot and capture the exact mayhem of the conflicts on the Gaza Strip on this picture. And... with this photo, he won the World Press Photo of the Year for 2003. Respect siah.

After we were done with the dvds, we picked up the guitars and started jamming almost tru the night. Not jammed like this all night b4 leh. Was very brain dead by the time we were done. Not to mention... dead fingers too. Its good practice to play like this with friends... builds confidence. Haha~ And its fun too... learn lots from Louis and Nicky. =P

It's the first time I've really hung out with Nicky's friends. Lovely peeps, I must say... Of course, Louis is the crazy silly fella around who is an absolute riot... Gracia's the saccharine sweet sounding girl who dances. Wonder what she dances tho... Corinne is one of Nicky's boss - totally nice lady too, I must say!!! And she's gotta a very lovely looking place too! Vivek is another of Nicky's colleagues... nice guy who sings but is too tired to last the entire night.

Managed to squeeze a good chat with Shirlene on msn after everyone fell asleep. That girl's gotta a pack of good ideas on her head. Love the ideas that she came up with for her direct mailers that she has to come up with for her attachment company. You know who to look for if you need help anytime alright? *winkz*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home