I'm BBC - Bruised, Battered & Confused
The last 7 days have whizzed right by in the blink of an eye. This week has been totally dominated by Lindy events! 4 out of 7 days, I've been involved in some kinda event that's related to Lindy. Ever since the day I've picked up this mind blowing performance art-form, my world has been kind of been revolving triple-steps, inside turns, jockeys and charlestons. But never before have I crammed so much Lindy activities within 7 days though. So far, it's been pretty much like hitching a ride in a twister that's been set loose by Mother Nature. 4 months and 8 days of Lindy so far... And I'm still loving it! Interest has evolved into Passion. It seems that I'm almost living just for the sake of Lindying now. Of course, I'm exaggerating. But right now, I can't seem to reject anything that's Lindy related. I wonder why. Will I be burnt out soon? Let's hope that never happens alright? *chuckles*
Let's try to summarise what I've felt this entire week starting from the Lindy event on Sunday. Was actually praised by a senior hopper who thinks that I'm doing a fine job on the floor. *Surprise, Surprise* I'm surprised that I'm being watched. Being a naturally paranoid and insecure person, I'm shocked that someone actually notices! Guess I seem to be doing okay and not looking as gross as I think I am then. *chuckles* Still got a long, long way to go still towards achieving greatness though. Haha... As if! So knuckle down and get those basics right! Eyes are watching... But it ain't gonna get to me. Although enjoyment is still the main priority, you still can't compromise on the technical side of things. *Hmm... but of course, there's got to be a healthy balance of both*
Lindied on Mandy's last night on Monday too. Learnt quite a bit bout keeping control during fast turns. Low CG + balance required. *tough*
Thursday's the first Lindy 3 lesson. Learnt a mini routine. 6 counts of eights. Lindy turn, Texas Tommy, kickouts, Swing out/Catapult and Lindy turn. Tough! But managed to scrape through... but almost got a broken nose from a spinning elbow from Nicole. Got my titanium reinforced nose to thank once more. Otherwise I would have been knocked out cold in the dance floor. That'll give a whole new meaning to "Blood on The Dancefloor"! Anyway, I had fun flinging on the floor later on that night. Seems that I'm easily drenched in sweat these days. Think I'm committing a lot more energy into swinging now that it's clearly putting a strain on me.
My thighs and hamstrings are feeling very tight... must be due to excessive charlestons! Dun care, still gonna dance tomorrow at Harry's. My back's aching, my arms are bruised, my legs are heavy... all due the moving of furniture from the old office to the new office. Should be seriously sleeping now. But I ain't ZzzZzzz yet. Maybe later.
Tomorrow's a new day. We'll see what it brings! But at the moment, I'm still Bruised, Battered and Confused.


4 Comments:
Yoz!!
You're really hardcore man haha, can really see frm all the sweat at fling ! but nonetheless, very certain and glad u're enjoying every bit of it heh. hey its great u've got such passion for lindy ya know.. think it makes life so much more meaningful, esp to help us forget and get over the evils of office! *grin* ya so hope yer'll get out of confusion soon..
12:50 am, July 03, 2004
hahahahahahahaha this was funny
you have the nose to end all noses!
(roaring goldfish)
2:44 am, July 03, 2004
Hey! welcome to lindy 3!
Don't be paranoid, babe! You're dancing great - love mud-slugging with you and igs on the dance floor, cross my heart. Your hardcore attitude is infectious - am feeling a leetle obsessed myself as goldfish can attest to - heh. Hope you're feeling less bruised - in any case, goldfish can attest to my backrub skill as well, give you one later if you're nice! :P
jos
9:22 am, July 03, 2004
yeah jos is good. so make good use of her, you deserve it ;) welcome to III swing hard !
7:07 pm, July 04, 2004
Post a Comment
<< Home