Post Performance Adrenaline High
After a long 15 weeks of stretching, hand-stands, crunches, fast-lindy, remembering choreo, cleaning up and lotsa sweat... we've made it through the performance after all!!! Strangely enough, the moment I stepped out of the practice room and out to the social dance floor... I wasn't really feeling any sort of nerves. This is usually strange for someone like me. I'm usually the first to freak out and start panicking. Not this time. Guess all the practice really counted and choreo was the least of my worries and as Sinclair said, "Once you get your choreo in, you can really focus on other aspects of ur dance, like engaging the audience and watching your lines."
I realised that I could take my mind off choreo and tried to engage with the peeps watching without fudging my steps (heheh... I even had time to intentionally try to freak Brian out by kicking really close to him while doing the kick-ups). It was really really fun and the energy within the studio was just overwhelming. And yes, I think I love performing!
Many, many thanks to my wonderful partner, Eunice!!! This girl swings real hard lah... She made my life so much easier as a lead throughout these 15 weeks. She's probably with Irvin on the plane flying their way to Mount Kilimanjaro right now. Gee... its a freaking 5000 metre high mountain!!! Hope the lovely couple will conquer the mountain!!! And after that Eunice is heading to Herrang for another 2 weeks of crazy dancing!!! Me very envious siah... I wanna go Herrang too... But it'll be another 2 to 3 years before I'll be able to go lah. I'll just wait for the right time to go then.
Saturdays are so not gonna be the same anymore. No more last minute cabbing down with Alex down to the studio, no more "dreading" the warm-ups (actually I've become quite a warm-up junkie, hahah!!!), no more Len doing crazy cartwheels, no more nice yummy snackaroos from Eunice and Irvin, no more seeing Sana nail aerial after aerial, no more trying to irritate the hell outta Safia, no more bumming at Starbucks with the entire crew after class... No more crazy, funny nonsense from Sinclair. It's really a pity that Jeannine couldn't make it for the performance in the end due to an awful bout of tonsilitis. Get well soon girl! Thank goodness, Serene stepped in to cover and learn the rountine in just 1 week! Hey start the class again leh... New routine anyone? Hahah...
This entire 15 weeks have taught me quite a bit of performance dancing and I think I've got a long long way to go before I even get a chance of making it to the performance team's standard. But I know I'll work towards that. Gotta clean up my steps and get rid of the bad habits. Perhaps... If there was another run of perf class with new stuff to learn... I might be in again. Then again... I'm still on a post performance adrenaline high. Hahaha...
The video clip will be in my hands soon... And I'll circulate it to everyone then. =)
I realised that I could take my mind off choreo and tried to engage with the peeps watching without fudging my steps (heheh... I even had time to intentionally try to freak Brian out by kicking really close to him while doing the kick-ups). It was really really fun and the energy within the studio was just overwhelming. And yes, I think I love performing!
Many, many thanks to my wonderful partner, Eunice!!! This girl swings real hard lah... She made my life so much easier as a lead throughout these 15 weeks. She's probably with Irvin on the plane flying their way to Mount Kilimanjaro right now. Gee... its a freaking 5000 metre high mountain!!! Hope the lovely couple will conquer the mountain!!! And after that Eunice is heading to Herrang for another 2 weeks of crazy dancing!!! Me very envious siah... I wanna go Herrang too... But it'll be another 2 to 3 years before I'll be able to go lah. I'll just wait for the right time to go then.
Saturdays are so not gonna be the same anymore. No more last minute cabbing down with Alex down to the studio, no more "dreading" the warm-ups (actually I've become quite a warm-up junkie, hahah!!!), no more Len doing crazy cartwheels, no more nice yummy snackaroos from Eunice and Irvin, no more seeing Sana nail aerial after aerial, no more trying to irritate the hell outta Safia, no more bumming at Starbucks with the entire crew after class... No more crazy, funny nonsense from Sinclair. It's really a pity that Jeannine couldn't make it for the performance in the end due to an awful bout of tonsilitis. Get well soon girl! Thank goodness, Serene stepped in to cover and learn the rountine in just 1 week! Hey start the class again leh... New routine anyone? Hahah...
This entire 15 weeks have taught me quite a bit of performance dancing and I think I've got a long long way to go before I even get a chance of making it to the performance team's standard. But I know I'll work towards that. Gotta clean up my steps and get rid of the bad habits. Perhaps... If there was another run of perf class with new stuff to learn... I might be in again. Then again... I'm still on a post performance adrenaline high. Hahaha...
The video clip will be in my hands soon... And I'll circulate it to everyone then. =)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home