The monotony of each passing day seems to ironically bring different surprises. You're either going to be greeted by pleasant surprises or rude shocks. No matter what, we've got to take it in our stride and either accept the blessings with open arms and ride out the crisis like a surfer dude would. Life is only as bad as you determine it to be. Make the best out of it while you still have the power to do so.

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

I just had to take my mind off some matters in particular. So, I met up with Alex, Jerry and Mark tonight to support our local team, Tampines Rovers. The general public seems to believe that the S-League is a rubbish league. But not I. Not I. Deprived of the good old days of the Malaysia Cup, my fellow soccer kakhis turn to watching the S-League.

Tonight our team is filled with seasoned campaigners... and we are facing a youthful but inexperienced Young Lions team. Frankly, I wasn't expecting to enjoy myself as my mind and heart was somewhere else. When my team scored within the first 6 minutes... I wasn't even celebrating. I felt cold. Very cold. But slowly, my friends started their usual mindless banter with the crowd and before we knew it... in 30minutes... 5 goals were scored! Haha~

Hell yeah... I sure was laughing... laughing to the extent that I was actually tearing. Or tearing apart. Whichever you may choose to believe. I really don't know. At that moment... I was feeling so guilty for being able to enjoy myself... but at the same time... thankful that I have such great friends around me that are able to make me laugh the way I can.

Final Score: Tampines Rovers 6
Young Lions 3 ----- (If these kids are our footballing future, Singapore football is gone)

Anywayz... one of my friends won a thousand bucks on that match! So... we got a great treat after the match! Whoopee!!!

Not a bad way to end my day... but I'm still hoping for my phone to ring...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home